Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Weekend Adventures

Okay, so the past few days have been rather eventful. Saturday I hosted Stamp Club, which seems to be transforming into knitting club. Janis and Melissa came over with their knitting needles, but Cathi and my mom did work on their stamping projects. I had planned on working on my knitting journal and documenting some of the projects I have completed, but some how the knitting needles ended up in my hands and I didn't get any work done on my journal.

Here are a few pictures of the fun we had.

Here is Cathi happily stamping. We kept trying to coax her to start knitting, but she was't quite ready. Maybe next month, Cathi.


Here is Janis, diligently working on Penelope's coat. She finished her socks earlier in the week, but I forgot to get a picture of them. They turned out really great. I can't wait to get my socks started with the same yarn.


Here is my mom, she did spend most of the day stamping, but in this picture she is looking through a catalog to see what she must have. We did get her to the yarn store Saturday afternoon, where she splurged and purchased yarn for two a pairs of Convertible Mittens, as well as the fiber for a sweater to be made for my niece. My mom mostly does crocheted afghans, so this is a huge step for her. Lots of new stuff to learn. She did knit granny squares for an afhgan years ago, but that was as far as her knitting went.


And, here is Melissa, this is the first time in a very long time that Melissa had picked up her needles. She started working on a section of an afghan that she had previously started, and then decided to started a new project.


And of course Sami couldn't let us have fun without her. Melissa had brought over about 6 boxes full of yarn, some of which I had given her almost 10 years ago. We laid it out on the table for everyone to pick what they wanted, and Sami was happy with it all.


Sunday, my mom and I spent most of the day knitting. Did I tell you my mom was visiting from Maryland for a few weeks. Anyway, we watched movies and Knitty Gritty all day. Until the evening came and I had to take Steve to the Emergency Clinic. He has been having ringing in his ears for more than a week and it was really starting to drive him crazy.

I was glad I could be with him during his time of need, but I also took advantage of the opportunity to knit. I started a Kitty Bed while spending 4 hours at the Emergency Clinic Sunday night. Here is where I am right now. It looks more like a hat then a kitty bed. I am using the patter from Wendy Knits


Oh, and I forgot to mention that Melissa also brought over the Bond Sweater Maker that I gave her at the same time that I gave her all that yarn, almost 10 years ago. We pulled it out on Saturday, but only to get it set up and review how to use it. Last night I attempted to make a bag in one day, okay a few hours, and I got really close. I knitted up all the pieces for the bag on the knitting machine, and boy did it go quick. I also started hand knitting icord handles, but those aren't quite finished yet. I hope to have the bag completedly assembled and ready for felting this weekend.

Here is a picture of the i-cord currently on the needles. When I get the bag assembled I will post a picture pre-felted. I am using Patons Classic Wool Merino, because I love the color and because it was on sale at Joann this weekend. I finished up one handle while at the hospital again this morning. Steve is still feeling rotten and was looking for some additional relief.


No comments: