Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Knitting Organization

Okay, so I haven't posted in more than a week. My mom is visiting and I haven't had much time for reading knitting blogs or posting to my own.

One thing that my mom and I have done since she arrived on Saturday was to organize my yarn. You see I was storing my yarn in plastic grocery bags. All the yarn was divided by project but then just cramped into the cabinet. I couldn’t see which project was what without digging out and opening each and every bag. Not the best method of yarn storage.

Anyway, my mom, the organizational guru that she is, suggested clear plastic bins. Who would have thought about something like that? Well, my mom. Duh! Anyway, we went out in search of some decent size bins that were not going to bankrupt me. You see I needed a bunch of them because I have a lot of yarn. We found the perfect size at Target and they were under $3.00 each. Wooo Hooo, what a bargain. I got 12 of them just to get me started, along with a few smaller shoe box size bins for smaller projects. And let me tell you they were the perfect solution. All my yarn is now stored so nicely in these clear bins and I can see right into it them to find what I am looking for. I am planning to make some labels with the project name just to make it even easier, but I haven’t had a moment to do that just yet.

I didn’t think about taking a picture before the transformation and sorry I am not putting all back so you can see the marvelous improvement we made, but I will show you how it looks now.





Fabulous!

In addition, I also documented all of the projects that I plan to make with the yarn I currently have as well as a few projects that I would like to completed, but haven’t purchased the yarn. So far I have fiber for 22 projects and another 10 or so projects that I would like to make at some point in the near future. And that doesn’t include the yarn I have for socks. I think I have enough yarn to make at least 10 pairs, maybe more. That will definitely keep me busy, and with all the bins full I don’t have any room for more yarn so I am going to try to use up some of the stash I have before I purchase more yarn. But as most of you know sometimes that is very hard to do. Maybe I will order the fiber for just a few more projects and then cut myself off, or I could knit my little hands off and use up some of the stash so I can justify purchasing more. Oh Yeah!

One more thing before I sign off for the day. Here is one of my fur balls that loves yarn. She loves to sit on my lap while I am knitting and she loves to lay on all of my projects. Sometime soon I will need to make her something special that she can have all to herself. And if it makes the other fur balls jealous then I guess I will just have to knit something for them too.








No comments: